Thursday, January 22, 2009

More eBay Portraits

Once again, I've been lax in communicating my journey through the world of art. I will try to make up for it, by letting everyone know that my Hide-away series of cat portraits went pretty well; I sold eight of the twelve in the series on eBay. One buyer bought four of them! I sold two more to another buyer, as well as a portrait of an Australian Shepherd that I created. I've also sold one of a Welsh Corgi, and another of a West Highland Terrier. Two that haven't sold are of a Bassett hound and a Yellow Lab. I've re-listed the Bassett, and just listed one I completed yesterday of a Bichon Frise. I really like this one, it only took me about four hours total to complete; I was so into it! I have also been working on more wildlife art, and completed a Great Blue Heron over the weekend. I like it alot, and have already had inquiries about selling it!
The best news I've had lately is from an acquantance of mine, who called out of the blue to commission a portrait of her cat for her anniversary gift to her husband! Apparently, the cat just loves him, and his favorite bed is in his lap! I can hardly wait to get started; just waiting on the photos from her.
I will really try to keep everyone posted on what I'm working on, and I appreciate being able to let you know who I am.

1 comment:

FinerWorks said...

Hey,

Thanks for your awesome blog :)

I was wondering if you knew about YakMonkey.com. YakMonkey is adding an artist directory.
If you are not familiar with them, they're basically another place for artists to list and sell their work.

But what's great about them is that they're completely free. They have an integrated printer but you don't have to use them.
In addition to that, you get your own website, your own blog if you wish to use it, and an amazing amount of storage. Hope this info is helpful for you and keep up the great work!