Saturday, January 31, 2009

Distractions

Well, I still haven't started a new portrait yet. The little Bichon portrait I created didn't sell, but I will probably relist it tomorrow. Seems like everytime I try to get started on a new artwork, hubby wants to go do something. I had hoped to get started on something today, but I overslept, and then it was off to do some grocery shopping. Oh, and I did get a new pair of shoes, something I've been needing fo some time. I am really going to try to get a new portrait started today. Tomorrow is the Superbowl, and I'm sure that I will not get any art time in during that. I did get some good news this week; my work was accepted into a solo exhibit! I will be showing in September/October of next year, I know it sounds like a long time from now, but it will be here before I know it, and I have time to improve my art and to create new works for the show. I'm very excited!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hello!

I wanted to write and tell you about a new forum for artists, musicians, fashion designers, and filmmakers: PutItOn.com.The site allows artists from all over the world to connect, display their portfolios, and sell their work (with no commission taken). The site gives you a gigabyte of space to showcase your portfolio, allows you to stream audio and video works, lets you create live personal broadcasts for your followers, and translates any writing into ten different languages. If you could take the time to visit the site, let your readers know about it, and even sign up yourself and link to it on your site it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

All the best,
Sarah at PutItOn.com

Emily said...

i really like your portraits! check out my drawings http://ohwowsorandom.blogspot.com/2009/08/artsome-drawings-from-long-time-ago.html

Bhavna said...

I was really fascinated by your blog.I consider my creative inclination a wonderful gift to produce artwork and my inspiration is my inner self and world around me. There is an attempt to create a powerful emotional bond that reaches the heart and soul of the viewer.As an artist, I have explored variety of themes and ideas. The exploration clearly reflects the diversity and escapades of my journey of evolving experience and confidence in my work. Paintings as jubilation, emancipation express different emotions like hope, joy, calmness or motivation while abstract waterscape is just vibrant and full of life.