Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Eighth in the series

I finished the eighth portrait in my hide-away series last night, and put it on eBay today. I really like this one, a cat laying down in a little girl's doll house. My husband and my son said it looks cartoonish; the playhouse is supposed to look that way, but I don't think the cat does. I am enjoying doing a series, it's the first time I've ever done one. Sometimes it's kind of hard to figure out what to do next, though, that is in keeping with the theme. I like being able to paint just whatever I want, or what strikes my fancy, but doing a series like this one means I have to stick with a certain type of portrait. It is interesting though, but once I finish this series, I probably won't do another one for a while. Well, I better get to the ninth; I have to think about what I want to portray in the next of the twelve in this series.

No comments: